permaculture - [permaculture] Book of Ferment & Human Nutrition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Book of Ferment & Human Nutrition
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:40:35 -0500

Some months ago there was a number of queries about finding a copy of
Mollison's Book of Ferment & Human Nutrition with most people saying that
they had gotten replies that it was out of print. The seeds of change
website is selling both hard copy & soft cover copies of it now & I just
got mine in the mail (2 days after ordering). Softcover is very reasonably
priced at somewhere around 17 bucks. The book is a little different than I
expected, essentially a global catalogue of different kinds of
nutrition-enhanced fermented foods. As recipes most of them are incomplete
or I would look for further information before I attempted. Also my
favorite subject, wines from the orchard had no entries. & I had expected
a more thorough integration permaculture, design, species diversity,
nutrition, etc. Still the book is a fascinating read especially for us
westerners who have no idea how to bury walrus, dig it up a year later,
chop off a frozen piece with an axe & serve. No cooking necessary.

mIEKAL