permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Songbirds.....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Songbirds.....
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:49:33 -0500

Hi Jerome -

That bioisland design ya'll put together is excellent. I read that
article in The PC Activist. Due to monstrous development here
in Northwest Arkansas, a golf course and apartment complex
duo is going in nearby. Though it really chaps my ass because the
site is prime farmland, I was thinking that bioisland concept has
potential to "shift" the golf course to a situation that is a little
more palatable to farmland preservationists, local environmentalists,
and wild creatures, too.

In fact, I should give them a call and put them in touch with
your Eco Systems Design Inc.

I looked on your web page and found that link.

Golf in the Garden Designing the Permaculture Links
Jerome Osentowski and Peter Bane
Reprinted with permission from The Permaculture Activist #46
http://www.crmpi.org/golfcourse.html

There must be thousands of perennial plants in those beds.
*Very* nice!!

Steve Diver