permaculture - [permaculture] Bioserfdom was: Brake Fern (pteris vittata) removes arsenic from soil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rex Teague" <DibbleGardens@bigfoot.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Bioserfdom was: Brake Fern (pteris vittata) removes arsenic from soil
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:09:33 +1200
On 24 Feb 02, John Schinnerer wrote:

> I hear ya Lawrence, but it's been happening for years now -
> "biopiracy" patenting of native medicinals in the Amazon for the
> profit of mulitnational pharmaceuticals, a man having a bit of his
> biology patented *by someone else* for medical industry profit he gets
> none of, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

RAFI has renamed itself as ETC ie "action group on Erosion,
Technology and Concentration".

Go to http://www.rafi.org/key_defs.asp and scroll down to "New
Enclosures" under "Concentration" for an update on new mechanisms
for corporate control.

Or: http://www.rafi.org/documents/NewEnclosuresFinal.pdf

Cheerio... Rex