permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap? & more

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap? & more
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:03:07 +0100

> Yes . Worms require aerobic conditions.

propably true for any compost worm (since compost requires
aerobic conditions too), there are earthworms that thrive in
boggy conditions in western australia. in a bog, way out in the
bush in a forest clearing near the south-western coast - so boggy
it stank when you shoved a shovel in, and the hole filled
immediately with water - i found worms - looked like a true earth
worm, only a little more pale, and huge: thick as a thumb and up
to 50cm long. and sorta sluggish in their movements, nothing like
a red wriggler. but lots of them.

georg