permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:11:28 -0500

Andreas, et al,
I looked up Vernonia in Cornucopia and found a listing for Vernonia
anthelmintica (anthelmintic herbs expel or destroy intestinal worms), AKA
Kinka-oil ironweed, from southern Asia, and its available from Ili Ili Farms,
PO
Box 150, Kula, HI 96790, 1-800-535-6284
FYI amygdala translates as (from the Greek) an almond. Amygdaline is a
glucoside
(C20H27NO11) present in bitter almonds.

Keith