permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap? & more

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bryan Innes & Joanna Pearsall" <permaculture@eartheal.org.nz>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap? & more
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:10:22 +1300

One thing I wanted to point out - the composting process and the worm
> composting method are qualitatively different ways processing waste - that
> is, one relies on the activity of micro-organisms, while the other relies
on
> worms to eat the stuff and create worm droppings.

Actually they are not that different.
Compost works with micro-organisms. Worms do not eat anything other than
micro-organisms, and they help the development of them too (Remember-
Everything gardens!). It is still micro-organisms that are breaking down the
organic matter.