permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Worms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "souscayrous" <souscayrous@wanadoo.fr>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Worms
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:23:21 +0100

Amygdalin/e isn't poisonous in small doses, in fact it's beneficial to
respiration, digestion and a sense of well-being (from the ever useful
Plants for a Future database). My experience comes from the numerous almond
trees of this region of France; I test each to find the sweet almonds (does
any one know what to do with bitter almonds?) and also from the numerous
sloe (Prunus spinosa) here, the fruits of which, once softened by frost, are
quite palatable. Tea made from its leaves have the characteristics
described by Andreas - I wonder if sloe or bitter almonds would also have
the same effect upon intestinal worms. If the amygdalin is the active
ingredient this would likely be true.

Comments anyone?

Souscayrous