permaculture - Re: What is permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <gb0063551@cableinet.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: What is permaculture?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:25:46 -0000

> And don't get me started
> on "share the surplus:" My rich brother-in-law doesn't feel that $10 million
> leaves him much surplus. Permaculture seems to treat these words the same as
> art or porn: we know it when we see it. But we don't agree on what they are.

I liked your piece in (I think?) a recent issue of permaculture actvist on the
concept of fair shares/ sharing surplus where you reminded us of the need for
abundance thinking...

> I guess I'd define the mainstream as people who don't know where their water
> comes from, don't wince when they fill their car with gas, and who can
> stomach network television ("The Simpsons" excepted, of course).

And Star Trek???

Cheers

Graham Burnett
www.landandliberty.co.uk
Now available-
'Permaculture A Beginner's Guide'
also
tee shirts- 'Permaculture Manadala'
&
'Land Is Liberty- Plant A Seed Today...'