permaculture - Re: What is permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "S.K. Harrison" <skh23ca@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: What is permaculture?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:49:55 -0500 (EST)

> From: "georg parlow"

> > The four ethical precepts of pc?
>
> four? why four? did i miss one?

I added the prime directive to the three ethics.

> > cf. Earth First!, ALF, Deep Ecology, etc.
>
> not knowing what Earth First! and ALF is, i
> assume that Deep Ecology with capital letters
> is something different than deep ecology.

You can find EF! and ALF on the web.

Try this:
http://www.earthfirstjournal.org/primer/index.html

And this:
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/ALFront/WhatisALF.htm

<snip>
> what is psychotic about it?

Not 'psychotic' but 'psychopathic'.

For my purposes here, psychopaths don't share the
prevailing morality of their society. I was
thinking of the direct actions of EF etc, as
performed against corporate machinery, buildings,
etc.--not the common habits of the majority of
people.

Sean