permaculture - Re: What is permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Carla D McAuley <carlamcauley@juno.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: What is permaculture?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:59:47 -0700

Speaking of questions, what would happen if someone held a colloquium to
which were invited: experts in permaculture(an approach created by Bill
Mollison, based on the indigenous agriculture of Australia), holistic
resource management (a approach created by Alan Savory, based on the
indigenous agriculture of Africa) and biodynamic farming (an approach
created by Rudolf Steiner based on his clairvoyant ability to see the
auras of life in the soil)? Permaculture is the darling of the organic
gardening crowd, holistic resource mgmt has made significant inroads in
academia and biodynamic farming is popular in Europe. Is a "discipline"
evolving whether we like or not, and is our inability to define it simply
a function of it being too soon to say?
Carla McAuley