permaculture - Re: What is permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: What is permaculture?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:48:16 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> If we can't describe how
> permaculture fits in with existing knowledge, I think it will remain
> on the fringe, and continue to be ignored or misunderstood (or
> hated, in some cases) by most people.

Then again...look at all the "radical" ideas/theories that made their
way to *being* main streams (for better or worse ;-) despite being
ignored, misunderstood, hated, actively persecuted, etc....Jesus
Christ, Galileo, Martin Luther, Women (and landless people) voting,
Newtonian mathematics, USA form of government, Impressionist painting,
civil rights, etc. etc.

I think perhaps we worry too much about our "PC baby" sometimes. I
think it's a healthy growing child with the usual ups and downs and
bumps and smiles and bruises and grins and wails and "learning
experiences" of youth/growth in general.

Patience, young Jedi... ;-)

=====
John Schinnerer, MA