permaculture - Re: sheet mulch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paulb <paulb@lineone.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sheet mulch
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 00:12:27 +0100

hi all -
just a quick thanks for you good folks who offered suggestions. all very much
appreciated.

georg parlow wrote:

need a good recipe for slugs? here we go: fence and put runner ducks on it,

Shame about that one - just not appropriate/possible on this occassion. (for
me)

Simon Kartar wrote:

> >>I have a similar question - I've also sheet mulched and planted potatoes
> >>and tomatoes and
> >>have a slug fest going on. Please can anyone offer any
> advice? I hope I haven't hijacked your question Paul -

Yeh just let it roooowll. see what we can find. i wish i could suggest
something myself but i
feel the slugs operate from a superior vantage. frogs & hedgehogs look like
our best allys -
unless like those runner ducks we make it a harvest! high yield & excellent
selection. whole
new flava to fresh salad. if y'care for it.