Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Hobbs" <hobbsj@efn.org>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:30:20 +0100

Hello All,

Do we now have another definition of Permaculture Edge?

'An attitude that portrays a lack of respect that seems to permeate some
of the correspondence that takes place on this listserve'?

I will humbly put into the pot an idea regarding the North American
Convergence.

It might make sense to have two gatherings. One in the SE and one in the NW.
At the first gathering select one or two liaisons from that event to come
to the other area to share info that was discussed. Have similar agenda
items at both locations.
Factor in travel and accommodation expenditures for Bill and a liaison (if
need be) into both event fees. It seems more cost effective, in every
way, to bring Bill to a site than to bring 100+ people a long distance.

We are planning a Bioregional Gathering outside Eugene, Oregon the end of
September. Maybe this would be an opportunity to invite folks of the
Western States to converge. This idea would first have to be accepted by
the organizers of this event, of which I am one, as is Toby.

Another idea:
The possibility for the Convergence to be in or near Sante Fe. There seems
to be a greater support system there as well as multiple demonstration
sites and easy access.

As have been mentioned by many- It's a challenge to meet everyone's needs-

Jude

  • [no subject], J. Hobbs, 06/06/2000