permaculture - Re: Khiza'a Permaculture Centre in Gaza Strip

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permacltur@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Khiza'a Permaculture Centre in Gaza Strip
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:56:16 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/99 5:49:09 PM, london@metalab.unc.edu writes:

<<What's your take on building and maintaining raised beds (for any crop)?>>

That's all detailed in a 24 page (or something like that) article on variious
methods in the soil's issue of our journal (THE INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE
SOLUTIONS JOURNAL). Only one method I claim to have worked out, and credit
is given for the inspirations (including Bill) for that method, of the many
described. That's already a very compressed form for that amount of
material and I can't see trying th encapsilulate the abridged. However the
short answer is that raised beds have their place.

I never read of Ruth Stout filling asiles with mulch, by the way. Which of
her books describes that. I know that she documented mulch techniques and
Bill does give her some credit sometimes, to be fair about it.

Dan