permaculture - Re: observations afoot

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Guy Clark" <guyclark@socket.net>
  • To: <avalonb@nwol.net>, <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: observations afoot
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:36:20 -0500

Hello again-
We are suffering under the once in 221 year coincidence of the 13 and
17
year cicada cycle. I will probably lose 1 1/2 years growth on the 35 fruit
trees I planted in the last two years. I will also lose some growth on the
Tulip tree (Liriodendron tulipifera), Carolina Silverbells (Halesia
carolina), 3 Amur Cork trees (Phellodendron amurense), Black Gum (Nyssa
sylvatica), Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) and Golden Rain trees (Koelreuteria
paniculata).
I have been told by one of the subscribers to my CSA that I could
help the
trees by spraying one of the Bokashi formulas on them, but I am still
going to have to cut them back dramatically.
Namaste',
Guy Clark
Fertile Crescent Farm
310 Hartley Court