percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Re: Some Random Thoughts, Largely Unrelated, Based on Previous Discussions and Readings

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Earthrise Press <earthrisepress AT comcast.net>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Re: Some Random Thoughts, Largely Unrelated, Based on Previous Discussions and Readings
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:54:11 -0500

Karey,

Walker Percy, in his 1990 essay I quoted, could not experience the
plethora of human consciousness in quite the same way as can millions
of people, in several languages, who regularly google....

In The Thanatos Syndrome Percy could include a few characters
logging on to various databases and downloading and so on all to
great literary effect, but it now seems quaint compared to what has
become possible in only a little over a decade.

By the way, if God is a democrat, Christianity "wins"!
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/
Christianity (76650)

Frederick Glaysher