pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Test3!!!

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Test3!!!
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 17:42:46 -0800

Chad Knepp wrote:

Ok, some talent finally steps to the plate. Those of you have not
gone to <http://www.ursine-design.com/piw>, please do so. This has my
vote for colors and layout. I love the trees image. Where did it
come from? Is it copylefted? I don't think the logo image quite
harmonizes with it, but we can play with possible logos later.
imageTabs is very elegant. Did you write it from scratch? Anyway
look at this one too folks and weigh in. We could use a nav bar and a
we need a footer in the layout plus content...

The green behind the PIW logo needs to be toned down, made lighter, still
earthtone -
will match the colors in the toolbar better, which don't need changing.

Lighten the trees and foliage image and overlay the PIW logo on top of it;
otherwise
make the trees image slightly smaller and fainter maybe with a hint of color
- or
just lose it and move the PIW logo flush left.

Or:

tone down and lighten the upper green bar; move the PIW logo to the left;
replace the trees image with
a larger, longer one of trees and plants, in a faint shade of grey-green, and
fill most of the green bar with it.

Seems there needs to be some sort of pc image up top that goes across the
page within the green
grasses, sunset, brambles, gnarly tree, big treetrunk
Here are a few crude images:
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/lawn.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/storm.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/sun+cloud.jpg