pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Test3!!!

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Test3!!!
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:05:56 +0000

Aloha,

Mozilla 1.6 (linux)...

Another possibility, sure...web site is going to be the 'toilet paper roll and toothpaste tube' of this project, I suspect (did I already say that? :-)

Less vertical space used up by header would be nice. Takes quite a chunk as it is. A more horizontal image and one- or two-line header text (instead of three) would facilitate that.

Agree text portion of logo needs work.

If y'all really want a more vertical image in the header (trees are nice, just tend to be so darn vertical ;-) it could go atop the eventual right-side nav bar, dropping lower than the content header image/text.
That would eat vertical from only the nav links, and not from the content area.

>Yes, the tabs are my code....Highlighting a tag is a matter of changing
>the class of the selected <li>. It does take a couple extra tags, but
>not much. I'd like to know of any browser issues with them.

Looks OK for me. Class change will be implemented via server scripting I assume (PHP, etc.)?
You will have to lose that serif font though... ;-)

Search text entry field extends past right edge of colored box background.

Color of that search form background doesn't float my boat.

Need some space between bottom of field and top of button.

Or put button to side of field so it doesn't use up so much vertical space - or if you really want it above/below, float the form div so the text can wrap around it.

Cheers,