pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] more updates and new plan

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] more updates and new plan
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:31:26 -0600

Minor changes/fixes... should validate as XHTML 1.0 now John.

I have been playing around with the a plone color scheme, but it
really isn't working with the default layout. I'm not going to
persist in this direction unless I hear serious oposition to the
current color scheme and/or someone gives me three great colors.

I'm hoping things like bios will be internalized soon and edited by
their owners in the near future so don't worry if your bio isn't up to
snuff. Potentially a lot of the content of the site could end up in
the database.

My current plan is to leave website work for now and tune Eden a
little which includes fix the page caching feature (it's currently
broke) and decrease some of the search intensity (larger substrings,
etc) to make searches seem faster. This should only take a day or
so. I then want to add users and comments as well methods for users
to edit comments/bios/etc. We need to talk more about what a users
role[s] will be in regards to the database...

Perl - $Just @when->$you ${thought} s/yn/tax/ &couldn\'t %get $worse;