pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on II

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on II
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:14:27 -0500

John Schinnerer writes:
> Aloha,
>
> > Now it seems that we have achieved consensus on 2 proposals (after we
> > couldn't
> > even achieve consensus on 1, now we have 2?!):
>
> If you're agreeing that we did in fact have consensus on this:
>
> > 1-start with ZOPE on Arashi, and move onto Ibiblio when feasible
>
> Then that happened before this was ever raised:
>
> > 2-start with Chad's proposed platform on Ibiblio, and perhaps switch
> > over to
> > ZOPE someday
>
> So IMO end of story, we reached consensus on Zope/Arashi ----> eventual
> ibiblio and let's get on with it.
>
> I assume Chad's making his second proposal was based on either:
>
> 1) nobody yet having pointed out that we in fact had consensus on his
> prior proposal, or

This is the case. Although I felt we had made progress in a
particular direction we had not tested that progress with a proposal.
Sometimes, people really react to something in writing in a way that
didn't trigger them in discussion.

In any case good process should never feel to any participant that
something was slipped past them by a process technicality. Consensus
is about agreement both in a technical/process sense and an emotional
sense, but the important part is that everyone agrees (or stands
aside) fully.