pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[6][8.5.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[6][8.5.04]
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 15:41:00 -0500

John Howe writes:
> As I mentioned before, I work full time @ a local cellular company, so my
> activity on this list can be sporatic at times. For instance, after
> pulling a 17 hour day this week after a couple of 10's, I am a bit tired.

Dang, and I thought I was pushing it.

> You can expect answers from me within one day to one week depending on
> when I check this account.
>
> I believe I mentioned that I would be attending to this by end of week (
> Sunday ).
>
> If Ibiblio is unwilling to host Zope based projects, I have offered to do
> so on my server. What I see the resistance from ibiblio is a proof of
> concept deployment and probably back-end resource issues in the immediate
> future.
>
> > The project needs to be up front with the public with regards to where it
> > is going, who owns it and who receives money from it and why and
> > any fundraising or donation soliciting plans for HG that use the
> > web-hosted HG entity.
>
> I am not on the funding list and consider myself a volunteer. I would
> rather see the funding go to the programmers/drivers first IMNSHO. If the
> planning is a bit ambitious, then perhaps the delivery schedule should be
> scaled back. For myself, August is my summer vacation month in the Pacific
> NW and I will be playing much more later this month.
>
> My goals for this month are:
>
> Get draft for zope deployments to ibiblio.
> Get zope deployment platform setup for Chad.
> Back-end Q/A assistance.

I recommend starting with a good nap followed by a cold beer or two
(or other favorite beverage). Don't worry about ibiblio for now, I
jumped in and winged it. If they go for my proposal we may be able to
start there without having to setup on arashi.com... provided we can
get the go ahead quickly.

Take care,
Chad