pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[6][8.5.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[6][8.5.04]
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:05:25 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

∑ Lawrence o write a clear description of relationship between PCKnowledgebase and HG (if separate entities)

To repeat this again, feedback about which seems to have fallen to the bottom
of the Arctic Ocean like the Eskimo
houses washed away by ocean levels rising from melting of polar ice caps due
to global warming,
a fact being rapidly expunged from EPA literature (e info and hardcopy)
archives from pressure from Bush's
military-induustrial-congresional complex.

I.
The PC Knowledgebase will exist in websites, one on ibiblio and one in
commercial webspace, permasphere.com,
one or more wikis and the pc-knowledgebase and permaculture mailing lists,
and maybe a Blog. It will contain
a general collection of information about permaculture, agriculture,
alternative energy, allternative architecture and building,
appropriate technology, and indigenous cultures knowledgebases and
technologies.

II.
I would like all of the above to be incorporated in HG. For me to contribute
towards making this happen I need to know a few things
about where this project is going:
1) who will own the HG domain name(s)
2) will HG become a non-profit corporation and if so who will own it
3) I need to know now, not 6 months or a year from now, that ibiblio has been
contacted
and that they have agreed to entirely host HG and that they will provide a
software development platform that HG will
use. HG will begin on ibiblio with some sort of web presence and HG will use
software they provide, whether this be Zope, Eden or MySQL,
In other words, HG will begin and exist permanently on ibiblio. I would like to know very soon (within a week) that someone has contacted them and that an agreement has been made that will lead to this happening; in short, an announcement that HG will be hosted entirely on ibiblio, from the beginning, using whatever software they provide. I'd just as soon this not drag on and on; decide if HG willl be done on ibiblio and let us know.

If HG isn't going to happen on ibiblio then I will put all of my energy into
developing my own project (I.) instead.

you decide on for the project.” Didn’t you say that you could transfer archives to the new list? And if not, can you re-subscribe list members
No. I can create a simulated archive.
or will they have to re-subscribe themselves?
I can manually move all subscribers to the new public list.