pcdb - [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:29:03 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:26:08 -0800 (PST)
From: negiliblek <negiliblek@yahoo.com>

Jedd wrote:

Merging wikis (and I'm guessing you mean CMS rather than wiki) with
an rdb is a non-trivial process. Careful selection of the original
CMS implementation is the big one there - needing a very good
understanding of the solution you're aiming to achieve.
I'll just start off with a simple mysql, apache, php site. I've sent a basic table structure for "revealing and discovery" to Lawrence off list; if it's premise is good enough, I'll post it for public critique.

Wanna 'splain about CMS? .... and a few good sites for me to look at?

Also, Jedd, I've done a good deal of work with data structures inside corporations and written maaaany lines of PHP to move data around these structures. But I haven't had to make any of them look pretty; so I'm asking for help in finding a cookie cutter look and feel that isn't written in object oriented PHP. If you have any recommendations or want to create said look and feel, I'd really appreciate my data work looking pretty!

negiliblek