nafex - Re: [nafex] washing off imidan

  • From: "David" <avw1@frontiernet.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] washing off imidan
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 06:37:12 -0400

Imidan scares me. as do all pesticides.

I have put all my eggs in one basket hoping that bugs and disease are a lack
of nutrients.

We have plums and apples. Yes, I do have the round headed apple borer and
the plum curculio.

But the plums have a heavy crop despite the PC. I use fertilizers from
Lancaster Ag.---corn row starter,
Growers Mineral Solutions (which have all the elements that a plant needs in
a non-toxic and made out of
food grade ingredients) and ramial wood chips. And we are balancing the soil
according to the Ideal Soil
available from www.soilminerals.com. getting the trace minerals is very
important.

The potatoes had a few CPBs but they are all gone now.

Most of my gardens here are on loamy sand, not very good soils.

Also we still have onions from last year.

Good food dehydrates, doesn’t rot. Although the Japanese-American plums
don’t keep long.

Read John Kempf, Jerry Brunetti, Francis Chaboussou.

Dave Rogers