nafex - Re: [nafex] washing off imidan

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] washing off imidan
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:07:49 -0500

On 8/14/2013 7:41 PM, Richard MURPHY wrote:
Hello Fellow Apple Maggot Murderers!
This is the first year I've had access to Imidan.
I'm actually going to get a decent crop.
Imidan has a 7 day REI and a 4 day post-harvest.
I'm confused.
I sprayed August 12.
How soon can I pick? (early ones; Pristine and Zestar)
Is there a washing process to remove the Imidan?
HEEELLLLPPPPP !
Murph

Murph,

Not sure what REI means? You should spray every 7 to 14 days depending on
how bad your infestations are, and if you think you can stretch it out to 14 days.
I spray every 7 to 10 days.

I too have some early apples (Lubsk Queen and William's Pride). I would stop spraying
at least one week before harvest, possibly longer depending on the amount of sunlight
and rain. The sun burns off much of this pesticide. If you didn't use a sticker, any rainfall
would also deplete the chemical.

The amount of washing depends on how concerned you are about residue. Some simple
soap and water should remove it. Some fanatics don't eat the peel, which is the healthiest
part of the apple. Just use common sense.

Sherwin Dubren
Morton Grove, IL