nafex - [nafex] Keeping rabbits out of garden: Digest, Vol 125, Issue 8

  • From: Nutritional Solutions <btnutrition@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Keeping rabbits out of garden: Digest, Vol 125, Issue 8
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:47:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jerry,
Plant a sacrifice crop of lettuces and kale around the perimeter of the area
you wish to protect. The rabbits come to the edge, find their favorite food,
settle in to nibble, and leave the rest of your garden alone. This has worked
well for a friend of mine. Keeping dogs is another deterrent.

Jeanne M. Wallace, PhD (nutrition)
Nutritionist, gardener, cook, edible landscaper on 1 acre in northern Utah

Attached Message

jerrydana5@aol.com

[nafex] rabbits!

Fri, 7 Jun 2013 20:33:25 -0400 (EDT)

Any suggestions for keeping rabbits out of my garden? After years of having
no
problems, they are cleaning me out. Our dog is an inside dog, so that is not
an
option. I put chicken wire around the whole garden tonight so we'll see if
that
helps. I do have a low wire of my electric fence, but they seem so slip
right
under it. Any suggestions? Jerry in southern Indiana