nafex - Re: [nafex] Keeping rabbits out of garden: Digest, Vol 125, Issue 8

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Keeping rabbits out of garden: Digest, Vol 125, Issue 8
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:22:17 +0100

My rabbits seem to enjoy variety. They are fond of clover, and enjoy tender
new grass, but will nibble a little of everything. I can't keep them away
from peas (and have given up trying to grow it) but I find that even a very
modest fence--like the ones you can buy as ornamental edging, where you get a
few lengths of wire fence that you shove into the ground--will keep them away
from things they don't like as much as grass.

(but without the fencing, they will eat some because it is there.)

So some combination of a sacrifice crop and a barrier might be the best bet.
--
Ginda

Typed with Swype. Who knows what I intended to say?

Bob Hartman <hartmansfruit@msn.com> wrote:

Here the rabbits prefer the young fruit trees rather than the lettuce.
They
leave the lettuce alone and go after the fruit trees, especially the
young
plum trees are their favorite.
Bob
Western Washington