nafex - Re: [nafex] Keeping rabbits out of garden: Digest, Vol 125, Issue 8

  • From: Geoffrey Tolle <Gtolle0709@wowway.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Keeping rabbits out of garden: Digest, Vol 125, Issue 8
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 01:00:18 -0400

Folks:

Regarding young trees and rabbits. I have found that tomato cages work quite well if you don't have too many trees and you have plenty of cages. You wouldn't think that the wide spacing of the cages would deter them but it does. My best guess is based on rabbit behavior. First of all, they have to raise up to nibble off the top of the sapling (which they seem to prefer to do. The bars of the tomato cage tend to be in the way. Second, they are constantly raising their heads to check for danger. I don't think that they like to be in situations where they can't raise their heads. I can't guarantee that this will work but it seems to be 100% with my city-bred rabbits.

Geoffrey Tolle