nafex - Re: [nafex] Seedling trees

  • From: Douglas Hinds <cedecor@gmx.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Seedling trees
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:18:34 -0600

On 11/13/2012 4:58 PM, david liezen wrote:
In reading the Handbook on Grafting, I remember illustrations and text
describing natural grafts of two individual trees of the same species found
in the wild.
1.- What you describe is an uncommon phenomena (and may be pathological).

2.- Two trees growing together in the wild are likely to be of the same variety, and no one grafts scions on rootstock of the same variety.

Standard trees need not be merely seedlings, with the odds stacked against
you.

You and I and everyone else are merely seedlings. Do we all have the odds stacked against us?

DH