nafex - Re: [nafex] Bramley and Cox's Orange Pippin Apples in the North

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bramley and Cox's Orange Pippin Apples in the North
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:02:18 -0500

Le 21:49 12.02.27, vous avez écrit:
done so already you might try Belle de Boskoop or Sandow as cookers of
quality: Claude Jolicoeur reports them hardy with him.

Yes, they both are great apples and hardy in zone 4 at 80 km north-east of Quebec City, in the Charlevoix county.

And as a Cox type, as I was saying in a previous message, I have Golden Nugget (Golden rsst x Cox) that does well and also Rubinette (Golden Delicious x Cox). Both are great tasting apples. And both have been there for over 15 years now and are healthy and vigorous, so their hardiness is good. Interestingly, looking back at my notes, these 2 were sent to me by Fred Janson in 1995. A truly great shipment he sent me that day.

Claude