nafex - [nafex] sour-cherry varieties

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] sour-cherry varieties
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:17:11 -0500 (EST)

What are the different opinions on the various commonly available sour-cherry
varieties:

Danube
Jubilieum (really a sweet-cherry x sour-cherry hybrid)
Montmorency (really a Nankin-cherry x sour-cherry hybrid)
Northstar
Bali (Evans)

I live in NJ (6b).

I'm going to have Jubileum, Northstar, and Bali (Evans). Bali is an
experiment; although many report bad results with it in warm zones as my own,
Bob Purvis told me his did find under similar circumstances. I'll report
back.

I wonder if I should have gotten Danube over Bali; and if Northstar is
disease-susceptible - that I should have went with that Hungarian cv. that
starts with S, as a replacement for.

Thanks,
Steve