nafex - [nafex] espalier ohxf 333 and M27

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] espalier ohxf 333 and M27
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:52:45 -0800

Pears:

Has anyone espaliered pear on OhxF333? If so wht shape. I was thinking 4
arm palmette but I was not sure of the spacing. the classic 3 1/2 foot width
seems foolish to me given the girth of pears on Ohxf33 after 10-15 years...

Maybe 6 rm would control the vigor better, but at what spacing width wise for
the espalier on either 4 or 6 arm palmettes?

Apple:

I am using M27, and thinking it may have enough vigor to so a single U
palmette but I am not sure it could do a 4 rm palmette - has anyone done this
on M27? What forms are you training on M27? (I get the scion vigor matters
- i.e I might be able to pull off 4 arm palmette easily with Northern Spy on
M27).

Any comments most appreciated.

the fluffy one

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [nafex] espalier ohxf 333 and M27, fuwa fuwa usagi, 02/18/2012