nafex - Re: [nafex] sour-cherry varieties

  • From: "Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] sour-cherry varieties
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:38:02 -0600

"A discussion of Bali (Evans) on NAFEX? Must be time to change the oil
in my car."

ROTFLMBOAO

Yeah, I know. For folks in zone 4 and colder, Bali/Evans is great; I've
seen photos.

IMO, in zone 6, it's worse than crappy. Late enough that curculio damage is
overwhelming, and the mulberries are mostly finished fruiting by then, so
that if there WERE any of those small-size cherries worth bothering to pick,
they'd probably get them. Probably not much better in zone 5.

Lucky