nafex - Re: [nafex] Gold Rush

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Gold Rush
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 05:22:21 -0800 (PST)

We subscribed to an organic fruit CSA last year, which included many
different apples. Almost all of them had some sort of flaw that would have
gotten them thrown out of a supermarket: bugs, botches, etc. But 'Goldrush'
was flawless. Now that they've had time to mature in the fridge, they're
starting to get tasty, too. I'd sworn I wouldn't plant apples because they
were too much trouble, but 'Goldrush' is tempting.

The most delicious apple in our CSA share was 'Keepsake' which was as
bug-free as 'Goldrush' but covered with sooty blotch. Wonderfully aromatic
and sweet, though.

Melissa
zone 5, central NY