nafex - Re: [nafex] Gold Rush

  • From: "Nate Steele D.C." <yeehaw502@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Gold Rush
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:35:51 -0800 (PST)

It's also a shame that my Gold Rush isn't able to finish ripening in my
temperate Pacific Maritime climate.  :-(  The tree has great vigor and heavy
production but the apples hang on the tree until the first good freeze when
they begin to rot. They never develop much flavor or size.  Still they were
far enough along to go in the cider press and I let them sit for a day after
grinding to help convert a few more starches to sugars before pressing.
Turned out pretty good!

Nate
Whidbey Island, Washington