nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:27:37 -0500

Mine were almost exclusively right at ground level, both the top of
roots & the base of the truck. Very few had tunneling down into the
ground. The interesting thing with the Nanking cherries is it
completely killed about 30 of them & the other 100 or so eventually
gained enough momentum to grow back, tho they essentially lost a year
of growth.

I've also heard mothballs into tree tubes further discourages
predation so I may give that a try this winter.

~mIEKAL