nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:59:07 -0500

Evan, I just tap mine down, probably not more than an inch. But I also
notice as the freeze comes on, the ground around the tube gets pushed
up more. The real trick is judging when the trees have put on enough
bark to discourage voles. Generally for me it tends to be in the
third year. If I could afford to I would switch trees out to hardware
cloth but with hundreds of young trees in the ground the cost is far
too prohibitive.

~mIEKAL