nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs

  • From: "Bob Hartman" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting Trees and Shrubs
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:22:02 -0700

mIEKAL,

My losses from the voles here come from them eating all the roots off. I've had tree where above the ground the tree is whole. The only problem you see during the winter time is that the tree is tipped over unless it is staked. I've had it where I pull the tree out of the ground and it is like the tree was put into a pencil sharpener. All the roots have been chewed off. Are you saying all your chews are above ground? I've had some chews above ground but 95-99% are below ground level.

Bob
Western Washington

-----Original Message----- From: mIEKAL aND