nafex - [NAFEX] Forum and Pomona

  • From: Betty Mayfield <bmayfield@opusnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers < nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Forum and Pomona
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:54:08 -0700

To the list,

I have gone through my files and find discussion in the summer of 2009 about the formation of a forum but no announcement that one was formed.

There was discussion last December (2010) about whether Pomona should be changed to online. It was said that printing the copy would be too expensive and cause NAFEX to go broke, but no breakdown of expenses was given.

In July 2011 there was an announcement that Pomona was going online but no indication as to whether this was a substitution for the printed copy or an addition to it.

I prefer to read the printed copy stretched out on the couch with my cat in my lap.

Betty Mayfield
northwest Oregon