nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Forum and Pomona

  • From: Deb S <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Forum and Pomona
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:36:33 -0400

NAFEX is a membership organization. It is governed by elected officers and
a Board of Directors. There is an annual meeting where the business of
NAFEX is discussed and the members have their say in what happens. The
minutes of these meetings are printed in Pomona and since the switch to
online are on the website in the NAFEX business pages. r.

If you don't care for the decisions made at these meetings and by these
elected representatives, then attend the meetings, contact the reps and tell
them your concerns (Contact info is also on the website for those
volunteers), or volunteer to run for office or for the board so you can help
deal with the challenges that NAFEX faces.

Like you the officers and Board members are all busy people. Most don't
read this list (it is not an official NAFEX offering, in case you didn't
know). So you will need to get in touch with them directly.

I know they let NAFEX members know about the financial issues as much as 18
months before the changes were made. This was before I volunteered, so the
information was out there for general members to see. Just saying you don't
like the changes, does nothing to help the organization deal with the real
financial issues or provide value to members.