nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Question

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Question
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:50:47 +0200

Email is "push" and a forum is "pull". Email just shows up on my computer,
and tells me it exists (you have 8 unread messages in your NAFEX folder)
whereas I need to actively click on a link to even know if there's been any
activity on the forum.

I participate in both email lists and on-line fora. I like both in some ways,
but they are different. Back when we discussed moving for a list to a forum I
lobbied to stay a list.

But now we have a forum in addition to a list. It risks diluting the list,
but I suspect the group is large enough to maintain both. I just hope new
members are invited to join the mailing list.

(I have also completely lost interest in Pomona now that it is a pdf, and not
a booklet I can toss in my bag and read on the train.)