nafex - Re: [NAFEX] evans-bali cherry

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] evans-bali cherry
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:52:38 -0400

Thanks Doug, that certainly gives me something to think about. The part of my yard where I tried both the North Star and Bali/Evans cherry trees is indeed very rich. I judge that by the fact that I have planted plum trees in that part of the yard and had them send up 6 feet of growth the first year. A few years ago I grafted a plum onto a short existing sprout and got 3 shoots 4 feet tall to choose from for the trunk. I have plums that do well there but maybe it was too much for the Bali.
I have another corner of the yard which is more sandy and doesn't grow grass nearly as well as the other part of the lawn. Maybe I should try a new Bali over there.

Steve