nafex - Re: [NAFEX] evans-bali cherry

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] evans-bali cherry
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 01:09:28 -0400

Ernest, I don't know where you get that from. As I mentioned a few minutes ago, the name Bali came from Bill Mackentley and he sold them as tissue cultured trees from the start. It seems he still sells them that way: http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/pcherry.html
Obviously, someone else could take the same tree, graft it and still call it Bali. Bali could be grafted or own rooted. Evans could be grafted or own rooted. The name the seller chooses to use gives no hint about what the roots are.

Steve