nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ribes aureum

  • From: Robert Bruns <r.fred.bruns@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ribes aureum
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:15:27 -0400

I got fruit from a single Crandall plant without any other currants in the
vicinity. It may be something about your weather - too hot, too cold, etc.
If it's any consolation, in my experience the smell of the flowers is way
better than the taste of the fruit. However, I believe Crandall used to be
propagated from seed, so my plant may not be the same as other Crandall
plants.

Fred