nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ribes aureum

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ribes aureum
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 15:04:17 -0400

On Jun 4, 2011, at 2:55 PM, mIEKAL aND wrote:

If only I could figure out how to get the 1000s of lady beetles in my bath
room & on the sides of the house out onto my plants.

Scoop them gently off into any available container and carry them out there?

Ladybugs aren't all that hard to move.

One year I had a problem with aphids on some sweet peppers that I was growing under row cover until fruit had set, because I wanted to save seed from them and didn't want them to crosspollinate with other varieties. So I caught a few ladybugs and put them under the row cover. Problem solved.