nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ribes aureum

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ribes aureum
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 13:55:55 -0500

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM, david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Find a Lady bug? Take it to the happy hunting grounds on the Consorts.

If only I could figure out how to get the 1000s of lady beetles in my bath
room & on the sides of the house out onto my plants.

> BTW, that is a black currant I've looked at for including in my yard.
> Please let us know how they do.

The Consorts that I put into the ground last year & tiny little pencil sized
starts are now multi-branched & setting profuse amounts of fruit already in
their second year. I read several places that Consort was bred to be immune
to pine blister rust, not that it really seems to be a problem around here.

~mIEKAL