nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Frost-resisting apricots grown in Siberia?

  • From: "Ginda Fisher" <list@ginda.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Frost-resisting apricots grown in Siberia?
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:18:14 -0400

Even if you just get fruit for a couple of years, I think it's worth it.
Tree-ripened apricots (properly thinned, including the one that just happen
to have some space) are really delicious, and neither keep nor travel well.
The tree needs little care (I never sprayed or anything. Had a few little
black dots, that's it. A minor cosmetic issue if your plan is home
consumption.) It doesn't take up all that much space, and at least in my
experience, they are eager to produce fruit.

Go for it. And let us all know what cultivar you plant and how it does.

-- GindaOn May 23, 2011 11:23 AM, Caren Kirk &lt;quirky@videotron.ca&gt;