nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Frost-resisting apricots grown in Siberia?

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Frost-resisting apricots grown in Siberia?
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:04:59 -0400

mIEKAL, am I right in guessing that these were seedling Manchurian apricots rather than grafted trees?

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On 23/05/2011 11:29 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:
On the other hand my Manchurian apricots were loaded with fruit last year,&
have never had any issues. The fruit are pretty strong tasting, even for me
but I have yet to have enough to try making wine with them. However they
were really slow to bear, they didn't bear any fruit for the first 10-12
years.

~mIEKAL

[snip}