nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw-paw taste, and why bother

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw-paw taste, and why bother
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:00:01 EDT

In a message dated 3/16/2011 8:53:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
qazingulaza@gmail.com writes:

> I ask because I've been thinking for years that when these finally
> fruited for me they would be an acquired taste, but they were way better
> than I
> was expecting. Now I'm curious if the potential flavors of other varieties
> exceed ...

Not necessarily. Remember in many cases those selected were amount the best
in that area. Not selected as best of states (for example).

Persimmon the same way. Many were selected and named 50 years ago before
material was assembled or established together. Claypool was one of the first
and before him was a man by the name of Soanamann (sp?). Once tasted side by
side some were forgotten. Not all named are good. Also as others wrote,
taste can vary when planted in different areas

Jerry.