nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw-paw taste, and why bother

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@firstva.com>
  • To: erican Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw-paw taste, and why bother
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:20:55 -0400

Excellent reminder about differences from year to year and from location to
location. It's so obvious with apples, but hard to remember about other
fruit.

And don't forget the huge difference a few days makes with timing of picking
pawpaws. Too early and they're much less pleasant; too late (when they get
brown)
and they taste off. That's one reason they're not shipped commercially.
~David Consolvo